Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Adventure in Library Thing!

This is very cool tool. There is so much that you can do with it! Love that you can ad those widgets to your blog. My blog looks a bit more interesting now :). When I have a bit more time up my sleeve I will be able to add more books to my catalogue and have more fun with the program. Really like the talk and group options because they give the opportunity to groups of people to discuss books etc who otherwise would not normally be able to meet up for like a bookclub. The Local tab is a good idea too.
Can the Library use this tool? I think that there is potential for the library to use it for the purposes of book clubs etc. Obviously they wouldn't put all their books on the catalogue but they could make a catalogue of interesting reads or genres with a few selected authors that groups could discuss?? Just an idea.

P.s. this week took a bit longer but I had fun.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I like your widget on your side bar!

The choice of books are interesting

http://medessa.blogspot.com

Medessa

pls@slnsw said...

Some good ideas for libraries using Librarything - I like the genre one particularly.

And your blog is looking good!

Victoria

Alli said...

Good Interesting? :)