Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wrap up; Social Networks and Catch Up

Possibilities for using social networking for our library:

As was suggested in the article you have Research, marketing, sales, support and development. His ideas were usefull.

From the linked examples I thought that the "Communities of practice" idea is great. and also how the brittish library have used facebook.

Being a member of facebook myself and knowing of all the things you can do with it - inviting people to events, messages writing on other member's wall. you could apply these functions to the library setting with relative ease and it's another way of reaching the public and "marketing" our services.

Anyway, that's all I have. Just quickly wanted to say that I have really enjyed participating in Web 2.0. and the best part is that I will actually use these tools both in the workplace and out of it.

Alli. :)

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Congratulations! You've finished Learning 2.0, so now you can get out there and APPLY it!!

I'm glad you had fun with the program, and thank you for all your great ideas.

Victoria