Thursday, May 22, 2008

Online applications and other tools

So many tools!!!! Where do you start. totally agree with Superchicken77. I need to wrap my head around these too before I can think of how they can be applied to users.

Most of the applications for these tools that I can think of are in the staff setting to make our jobs easier and more organised.
e.g. writeboard would be great for working on the library newsletter. Great tool for group projects. Tada list and Omnidrive and zamzar also look like they could be useful in the workplace. Plus all the other tools.

How could google docs be used in the library?
I think that I will need to use the program a bit more to know the extent to which it could be used in the workplace, however, some things you might be able to use it for could be Newsletter - like writeboard. Meeting minutes. Collaborating with other team members on projects that require reports to council. things like that. Also power point slides may be useful to staff members when doing presentations in the library - eg local studies. this will probably depend on how much time the staff member has though.

No comments: