Thursday, May 1, 2008

Discoveries in the world of google video and you tube!

I found that there is great diversity in what is included in video format, ranging from commercials to the autobiography of olive, to a form on online help in the library setting and much much more.

I thought that the book review one was a great idea but i think that they could have been done better. the sound wasn't great and some really didn't grab my attention.

How could it be used in the library setting:
I guess I would use it as a way of promoting the library and the services that we provide. this could be done in a number of ways, recording events that the library hold, videos on the reference services that the library provides, an overview of the online resources that the members have access to for free, and much more.

I found this ad for lexington libraries in my adventures on google video and thought it was quite clever :) What do you guy's think??

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Some good thoughts there on the use of videos in libraries. I think the best thing about all this Web 2.0 stuff is that it gets us all thinking about doing things a bit differently (or in some cases, just doing things!!).

Keep on discovering!

Victoria